For a list of community resources, please scroll down.
Dear Community Partner,
Here at Access Esperanza Clinics, we know that our community and patients have a lot of questions and concerns with respect to COVID-19. Safety is our highest priority, and we want to share what we are doing to protect our patients, staff, and the well-being of our community.
Serving our Patients
Our patients count on us, and for most, we are their only health care provider. In this time of insecurity, we are needed more than ever. All of our health clinics remain open. We accept existing and new patients, and offer funding programs for free or low-cost reproductive health services for people who qualify. To go to our qualify tool click here. To go to our appointment request form click here.
To limit time spent at our clinics, we have implemented telehealth practices that require an appointment and a phone number. Our staff can do patient intake by phone. Medication and birth control supplies may be picked up curbside at our clinics or mailed. For patients needing services that require coming into the clinic, we have set up COVID-19 safety protections throughout each center.
We continue as always to sanitize and disinfect our exam rooms after every patient. As added protection, we now clean and sanitize throughout our public and staff clinic areas twice a day using medical-grade disinfectants. We follow and exceed national guidelines for COVID-19 protection. With each patient, staff wears personal protection equipment (PPE) and uses universal precaution techniques for infection control.
We are in regular communication with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Department of State Health Services, and other authorities for COVID-19 updates. Rest assured we have implemented all guidelines and recommendations and will continue to do so.
We’re Here for Our Patients
Our patients continue telling us, “Thank you for getting me my pills. I just can’t get pregnant right now,” and “I have these symptoms and don’t know what to do.” We are grateful for our clinic staff, who, even with all of our concerns about COVID-19, stay committed to helping our patients prevent unplanned pregnancies, stop the spread of STDs, and maintain good health.
Thank You For Your Support
We appreciate our community partners who know how important our services are in this community.
Know that you can continue to count on us for quality, affordable, and confidential family planning care. All of our clinics- McAllen, Edinburg, Mission, and Weslaco- are open. Please call us if you need us at 956-688-3700 or visit www.AccessClinics.org to request an appointment.
The Access Esperanza Clinics Team
Sexual Health and COVID-19
Suggestions from the New York Health Department: click here
Suggestions from Planned Parenthood: click here
Frequently asked questions about HIV and COVID 19: click here
Know what to do if you or someone in your house has #COVID19 symptoms.
- What to do if you’re sick: click here
- Caring for yourself at home: click here
- Caring for someone in your house: click here
From the Centers for Disease Control:
- What to do if you are sick: click here
- How to decide if you should be tested or seek care: click here
VALLEY WIDE RESOURCES
- For a list of testing centers visit the following links:
Hidalgo County Grab and Go meal sites: click here
Willacy County Grab and Go meal sites: Click Here
Star County Grab and Go meal sites: click here
Food Bank: click here
RGV COVID19 info: click here
Promote Health Prevent Harm: click here
The Monitor: click here
Progress Times: click here
Free Online Counseling (UTRGV): click here
COUNTY WIDE SERVICES
- Hidalgo County Domestic Violence Recommendations: click here
- Hidalgo County Clerk (copies of court records, marriage licenses, birth/death certificates, etc): click here
City of Edinburg
- All city hall services available through drive thru only. You can also make payments online and over the phone. For more information call (956) 388-1896.
- Edinburg ISD meal services campaign runs Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at all 31 elementary campuses. For a list of pick up sites and the weekly menu: click here
- City of Edinburg Facebook page: click here
- City of Edinburg Twitter: click here
- City of Edinburg website: click here
City of McAllen
- Meals for Kids 11AM-1:30PM: click here
- City of McAllen Twitter: click here
- City of Mcallen website: click here
City of Weslaco
City of Weslaco Twitter: click here
FOR UTRGV STUDENTS
- Texas Attorney General: click here
- Texas Education Agency: click here
- World Health Organizations: click here
If you have recovered from COVID-19 consider donating plasma. One plasma donation can help up to four COVID-19 patients. Donation takes about an hour and a half. Call (956) 362-2390 or visit www.dhrresearch.org
At Access Esperanza Clinics, we offer opportunities and hope for people to plan their futures and stay healthy. You can count on us for quality, affordable, and confidential care at all of our health clinics.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Please call Access Esperanza Clinics at 956-688-3700 to set an appointment at any of our clinics.