BIRTH CONTROL SHOT
Birth Control Shot
The shot contains the synthetic progestin and is effective for 90 days. A woman must come to the clinic to get the injection.
Are you afraid of needles? If so, maybe the Depo shot isn’t for you. Each shot keeps you covered for three months. It contains progestin, a hormone that prevents your ovaries from releasing eggs, and thickens your cervical mucus which then helps block sperm from joining the egg.
NEED BIRTH CONTROL?
Contact us and ask how we can help!
At Access Esperanza Clinics, we offer opportunities and hope for people to plan their futures and stay healthy. You can count on us for quality, affordable, and confidential care at all of our Health Clinics.
Don't miss any update
You may qualify for free or low-cost services
If you are concerned about your ability to pay for services, you may qualify for one of our programs that would pay all or most of your services. Each program has its own set of eligibility. Our clinic staff can check your eligibility, help you apply, and provide you with services all on the same day.
We offer programs that can help pay some or all of the cost of your family planning and preventive health services. Our clinic staff can check your eligibility, help you apply, and provide you with services all on the same day. Programs are for female and male adults and teens in their reproductive years. Eligibility is based on your age, household income (you and, if married, your spouse), and family size. Some programs have additional eligibility requirements. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or have legal residency to qualify.
To apply for for a funding program, please bring the following documents with you when you come to our clinic:
- Proof of Household Income – Bring any/all you have:
- Family member’s Children’s Medicaid card, with date of enrollment
- WIC, TANF or Food Stamp approval letter, dated
- 2 paystubs within 60 days
- FAFSA (student federal aid application)
- Award notice, letter, or written statements from Social Security Administration
- Form H1028: Employment verification (to be completed by your employer)
- Photo ID- Texas Driver’s License, Texas ID card, work or school ID card with photo
If you are an adult female and a U.S. citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident, also bring
- U.S. birth certificate, passport, passport card
- Certificate of U.S. naturalization
- Religious record of birth with date and place of birth, such as baptism record
- I-551 card (permanent resident card)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse, and your children
Household Income (You and Your Spouse) to Qualify for Free Services
|Household Size||Monthly Maximum|