Healthy Texas Women
Healthy Texas Women provides free exams, birth control, STD testing and treatment, and screenings for women who qualify. Our clinic staff can help you apply and provide you with services – all on the same day.
The state’s program application recently changed. It takes most people an hour or more to complete the application, so we encourage you to fill it out before your appointment. Click here to see the application. You may pick up a copy at any clinic or our administration office (916 East Hackberry, Suite A, McAllen). You may also fill it out during your clinic appointment. Please give us a call at 956-688-3700 with any questions.
Who qualifies for Healthy Texas Women- females who are U.S. citizens or eligible residents living in Texas, ages 18 through 44, no health insurance, not pregnant, and meet the following income requirements:
Healthy Texas Women
Household – you, your married partner, and anyone under the age of 21 who lives with you
|Monthly Maximum Family Income|
To apply for Healthy Texas Women, you MUST bring the following to the clinic or your visit may be delayed:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency – usually your birth certificate or visa passport card, or permanent resident card, AND
- Proof of household income (income for all in the household) – prefer most recent income tax statement or W-2; or pay stubs, a letter from employer/s; self-employed people should bring information about the money they have received for the past 2 months and any expenses, AND
- Current health insurance policy numbers or Medicaid information for anyone in the household, AND
- Texas driver’s license or other photo I.D., AND
- Social Security cards for each person in the household.
We offer other funding programs for people who do not qualify for Healthy Texas Women. For some programs, you do not need to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The household income requirements are similar for most of our programs. Our clinics can give you more information at your appointment. Please bring proof of income and a Texas driver’s license or other photo ID.
At Access Esperanza Clinics, we offer opportunities and hope for people to plan their futures and stay healthy. You can count on us for quality, affordable, and confidential care at all of our health clinics.
Access Esperanza Clinics is a Silver GuideStar participant, demonstrating a commitment to transparency. See www.guidestar.org.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Please call Access Esperanza Clinics at 956-688-3700 to set an appointment at any of our clinics.